Sunday, 22 April 2012

♥하루 51 - My popo and our adventure.

This is my grandma on momoke's side, we call her popo. She is 91 years old this year and I like her cause she's really cute ☺ She has alzheimer's and only speaks cantonese. My family is actually closer to momoke side relatives cause pap's family stays at Johor. Even then, I rarely see popo. She stays at my youngest uncle's house (alam megah) but it's always like maybe four times half a year or so. Occasionally she'd come over to my house when my uncle has to go outstation but that is only once a year or maybe not at all.

I've learned my cantonese from her (and half from momoke who starts yelling in cantonese when she's mad) since young, when she's healthier mentally and took care of my siblings and me. I remembered her destroying our 'tunnel' made from sofa pillows when we ignored our meal times and she will be holding a bowl of her egg porridge (IT'S ALWAYS EGG PORRIDGE HAHAHA) and make us eat before we can play again.

Along the years, she was admitted in the hospital several times due to a fall in the toilet on her head which I believe did nothing good to her growing alzheimer problem. It was okay before (Just the same question repeatedly -- "WHERE IS MY WALLET??!" / forgets that she showered and bathed again, her record was 4 times a day / Tries cooking everytime where once she put momoke's rice cooker on the stove and turn on the gas until the plastic melted and momoke had to throw it away lol / Watching tv and kept making comments esp about it's raining when the screen is actually grainy hahaha) 

And I've never really gave special notice on this problem and always take it for granted as if nothing bad will ever happen. Just sometimes going to my uncle's house and realizing she lost her fake teeth again and stuff which is kind of funny in a way cause they found their dog (Lucky the noisy dog) biting/playing with it one day hahahah. Or some hilarious cantonese comments from her randomly.

Until Thursday night, where I was just going to do my chem experiment report after a satisfying dinner and the phone rang. It was my uncle and he sounded urgent so I handed the phone to momoke. Popo was missing. It was near 9pm already and she was lost since 6pm. We immediately headed out to search for her.

My first thought was, what? It's been 3 hours already! and popo's so old! trying hard to block off all pessimistic thinking.We drove round and round the area and prayed so hard. I've to thank everyone who called and prayed for us too☺The tension is unmistakably strong, us being so worried and stressed. I realized that I'll miss my grandma so much if anything bad happened.

Even so, we seeked help from God and I knew everything's going to be fine. It was comforting but still it was really hard cause we don't see popo anywhere at 11pm. Went back to my uncle's house and realized there's  many puchong church uncles and aunties helping out to search!  Momoke, my aunties and cousins broke down as the growing urgency increased dreadfully, knowing that we won't know where is popo sleeping for the night.

We prayed before we went home and gave up everything unto daddy Lord father's hands for we know He will protect and nothing can harm my grandma. Slept soundly for the night and woke up for school (yuck) as always, praying through my day. Amazing enough, when I came home momoke told me popo was found and she's safe and sound! She spent her night in a tamil school and woke up the next morning blabbering to the guard in cantonese hahahah!

God is great. I'm so thankful that popo is back in a perfectly well state and also she could attend my newest nephew baby hugo's (almost) 1 month old birthday party today!

I love my grandma. 

Okay, that's all for today, school tomorrow!  (╯._.)╯ ┻━┻  Better stop being such a procrastination king and start revising tomorrow. Mid term in 2 weeks time wah lao super fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment