Thursday 24 May 2012

♥하루 60 - Kimchi fried rice inspired by Kimchi ♬

(lol obsessed in taking photos of my hair with flash when I'm studying! here's one of it heh)


Hello peeps! hohohohoho. I'm the happiest girl alive now! ♡^▽^♡ Midterms are officially over & it's time to PARTAYYYYYYYY GET MORE SLEEP AND BURN IGNORE THE BOOKS. I'm still in disbelief that I survived my 3 weeks worthed of exams, with the insufficient deadly amount of sleep & stress. I'm also still in disbelief (nicole: are you serioussss -.-) THAT MIDTERM CIAO-ED & THE HOLIDAYS ARE HEREEEEEEE!! Loads of things to look forward to like church camp, M4J conference & fun trips/outings! *hyperventilates* / *excitement overload* 


Anyway. I shall stop spazzing about my gembira-ism now. hahahaha I'm gonna blog about the kimchi fried rice Joyceet koh & me made on tuesday! (by that time basically already in holiday mood hohoho) and being a loyal k-pop fan myself I actually never tried kimchi fried rice before. As for the "Inspired by kimchi" part don't *you don't say* me hahahaha working adults had home-made korean BBQ dinner and have quite alot of leftover kimchi so aunty vera brought it here, hence triggered Joyceet's semangatness and there we gooo! 


Recipe credits: click here


#1 PREPARE KIMCHI. usually can be bought at supermarkets refrigerated food area.


#2 SLICE THEM INTO PIECES. make sure it's proportional & not too long!


#3 PREPARE OTHER INGREDIENTS/SPICES chicken, prawn, onions, garlic, eggs

*we used olive groove to replace oil/butter!


#4 FRY EGG BASED ON PERSONAL PREFERENCES scrambled, sunny side-up, omelette


#5 MAKE SURE PAN IS HOT ENOUGH & FRY ONION TILL CARAMELIZED (smells sweet, softened) THEN ADD IN KIMCHI. 


#6 ADD THE CHICKEN IN FIRST (takes longer time to be fully cooked) THEN PRAWN. AFTER, PUT IN SPICES salt, soy sauce


#7 SLICE EXTRA KIMCHI FOR SIDEDISH!


#7 SERVE. TA-DAAAAAAAAA!  (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧



Joyceet fried the rice (miracle!!)  & I fried eggs. HEHEHE. I love frying eyes. e___o and not bad right the eggs I fry. hahahahah. *I fry eggs eggs I fry*. Anyway, the rice turned out really yummy! and don't worry if it's kind of hard to fry cause it's usually a tad bit sticky. Momoke even said it tasted nice and she's proud of us too! /glows/ HAHAHAHA. Alrights, signing off now, looking forward to church camp on saturdayyy!



Advanced posts:  Uniqlo's grand opening at mid-valley!
                           Mille Crepe @ Food foundry, PJ & Pitstop, PJ.
                           Sunway with Areecca, Nicole & Jess.


*no, don't click it's not a link! hahaha you'll have to come again to read more! :'D




goodnight!
xx










No comments:

Post a Comment